I might have eaten this rum cake all by myself!
Luckily I had some help from my family.
This is an elegant rum cake to behold. So do you have a special occasion coming up? Serve this tasty bunt cake for any holiday, special birthday, or just anytime, as a favorite! I’m sure you will get some positive recognition with this one.
This recipe goes way back and was one of my mom’s favorites. Back in the era before baking companies combined pudding mixes in their box cakes. You might just find this to be another one of your family’s favorites. Especially, if each serving slice is drizzled with some extra sauce. Or what about a dollop of whipped cream? How about both? Yes, please!
It’s so moist, buttery and delicious! Tummy yummy too.
Below is my Mom’s recipe:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cube of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting the finished cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Distribute broken pecan pieces in the bottom of a buttered and floured bundt pan.
- Combine box cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs together in medium bowl and mix until smooth. About 2 to 3 minutes, by hand. Pour mixture over pecans in a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the oven, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, let cool few minutes.
- Loosen cake edges from pan with a knife, to enable topping to flow over cake.
- In a small pan, boil water, rum, butter and sugar 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over the cake pan and then let stand for 30 minutes, before turning cake over and onto a cake dish.
- Lightly dust cake with powdered sugar before serving.
- Slice and serve.
Tip: You can double topping mixture to drizzle over cake servings. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Tip: Sprinkle a dusting of cinnamon on the whipped cream, for a touch of color.
Tip: Add some holiday decor. Fresh flowers, or fruit and a touch of whipped cream? “Yummers.”
Delish. More, please!
You might also like: Buried fire-pit turkeys
Spicy Sweet Pumpkin Bread